Sunday 8 March 2015

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer vs. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer


If you are someone who watches a lot of youtubers or reads a lot of blogs and reviews, you will be fully aware of these two concealers and the hype that they have caused. And in that case I apologise for being the 67 billionth person this year to bring them up, however for those of you who are in need of some help and advice on which one suits you best then this blog is for you and you may want to keep reading.

So both concealers are drugstore, they are two completely different brands, one Rimmel and the other Collection. I'm not completely sure if one is fairly newer than the other, if so I think maybe the wake me up concealer was released first. The wake me up concealer is a tad more expensive at £5.49 compared to the collection lasting concealer at £4.19, however overall they are both extremely cheap and affordable products.

Starting with the wake me up concealer. When I first started using this product I fell in love with it instantly. It was in the summer when my skin was in fairly good condition, I was generally less tired so my under eye circles weren't too bad and I have to say the concealer looked amazing, so good that I used it every single day. I found applying the product very easy using it's applicator, it isn't drying whatsoever so it applied smoothly and felt nice under the eyes. It just gives a very illuminating and brightening glow, therefore it is perfect for your under-eyes and making you look more awake and healthy. Unfortunately when my spots started re-appearing and my dark under-eye circles became more prominent, I slowly grew to detest the product. The concealer isn't high coverage whatsoever, it is illuminating so it made my spots stand out and it didn't work well on my dark under eyes. I admit I have a hard time with concealer due to my extremely dark under eye circles so this doesn't apply to everyone, but if you have the same struggle as me then this product might not be for you. On the other hand if you are someone who only needs to brighten your under-eyes rather than cover darkness, this concealer is amazing and I would highly recommend it. I just wouldn't recommend using it on spots.

Once I fell out of love with that concealer, I went out and purchased the perfection lasting concealer and I found my new obsession. I quickly realised that this concealer was perfect for me as it has great coverage, perfect for hiding my dark under eye circles and any nasty spots, blemishes or redness. It is the perfect all round concealer, great for around the face and also for your under eyes. Similarly to the wake me up, it has an applicator so it is easy to apply. However it is very drying so I advice to rub it in using your fingers, as the heat from your hands almost 'melts' the concealer in a way, making it easier to blend. I would also advice setting it with a powder to prevent it from creasing. Due to it being quite a heavy formula, if you don't have any darkness that needs covering up, I wouldn't recommend this product as it's not going to be beneficial for you whatsoever and it isn't going to be very good for your skin either, therefore I would advice the wake me up concealer.

Just bear in mind, due to my extremely dark under eye circles this is my own personal rating but everybody is different so this rating may be completely different to how you would rate it:-
Rating of Rimmel's wake me up concealer- 2/5
Rating of Collection's perfection lasting concealer- 4/5

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer-


Collection Perfection Lasting Concealer-



No comments:

Post a Comment